Re: Last Call: draft-iana-ipv4-examples (IPv4 Address Blocks Reserved for Documentation) to Informational RFC

2009-08-24 10:26:26
IETF Member Dave Aronson wrote:
Jari Arkko<jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

What should we do about this block? Some of the potential answers include
documenting its role, marking it as reserved but deprecating its use in
examples, and returning it to the free pool immediately (with a warning sign
about possible filtering problems).

If we can arrive at an agreement with ARIN, maybe we could document it
indirectly, by pointing to some place where ARIN would document *all*
its reserved spaces.

By definition, if the IETF directed IANA to reserve it, it's not a Arin
prefix.

 (Possibly even including things like "reserved
for expansion of the previous block", or "reserved for future use".)
A very brief Googling of arin.net did not reveal such a master list.

-Dave