Re: Appeal/Request for Review (was: Re: Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions (TLP))

2009-08-27 12:33:25

On Aug 25, 2009, at 10:19 PM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

Hi Marshall and Bob,

Could you please let us know the current status of this appeal?

In the plenary in Stockholm, I understood you to say that you _do_ consider the decisions of the IAOC and the Trust to be subject to the appeals procedure, which I think is a good decision. However, it has been about 6 weeks since this appeal was sent, and I do not see a location on the IAOC/Trust web pages where the appeal text is posted, nor have I seen any response.

A response is under consideration, and I have instructed the IAD and the Secretariat to prepare a place to put it, and the original appeal.

Regards
Marshall

I think that there are several very valid points in John's appeal, and I largely agree with it. I note that the IAOC has already begun the process of bringing the minutes up to date, which I consider to be an important step. Could you help me to understand how you are reacting or responding to other portions of this appeal?

Thanks,
Margaret