Re: IETF Trust response to the appeal by John C Klensin (July 18, 2009

2009-09-06 16:47:34
Thomas Narten <narten(_at_)us(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> writes:

Without taking positions on the specifics of the appeal or the
response, I have to say that my take on the response is that it
doesn't properly address the appeal and is inadequate.

I would have expected the specific issues raised in the appeal to be
responded to in a direct manner, with a clear response as to whether
the point is agreed to (or not) and what (if any) remedy is
forthcoming.

Instead, the response smacks of trying not to respond directly to the
appeal, but say "here is what we have been doing, let's please just
move on". IMO, that just doesn't cut it.

IMO, an appeal needs to be responded to with directness and with
clarity.

You saved me the time to compose a lengthier response, and instead I can
just +1 yours.

/Simon