Re: Some more background on the RFID experiment in Hiroshima

2009-09-14 06:14:10
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:05:25AM -0700,
 Ole Jacobsen <ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 53 lines which said:

I am sure the organizers never expected this amount of feedback
either,

They don't know the IETF, then :-) They can expect a lot of feedback
on sushi and cookies, too.

particularly not since the technology has been in regular use in
Japan for many years.

The fact that some technology is already widely used certainly does
not mean that we should shut up about its security risks. I
appreciated Eric Rescorla's well-informed and well-explained analysis.