Re: IPv6 standard?

2009-09-16 11:50:11
We're some distance away from deprecating IPv4. Maybe 20 years, maybe 50 years. For a very long time, IPv6 and IPv4 will co-exist.

Steve

On Sep 16, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:

Historic is appropriate when we want to make a statement about the
appropriateness of the technology.  However, we probably enter a huge
bureaucratic entanglement of what happens to all of the docs that
normatively reference 791, 792, and 793.  And that's another question,
what precisely DO we make Historic?

Eliot