Re: [IAOC] Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-20 12:48:35
    > From: Steve Crocker <steve(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com>

    > The Internet and the IETF are all about engaging, expanding,
    > communicating and being open. ... More than a billion people live in
    > China and their use of the Internet is expanding rapidly. ...
    > Our first slogan was "Networks Bring People Together."

The likelihood that having the IETF actually meet in China will have _any_
real impact on a country so large, I find very improbable. The things we
produce? Yes. Having a meeting there? Somehow I don't think so.

        Noel