Re: Local Beijing people response - RE: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-30 14:33:26
Hui Deng's statement (below) is the most important I have read on the issue
of a meeting in China.
Re-read the Tao.  The IETF is about building, developing, contributing to an
Internet available to all.  It is people, not governments.  If you,
personally, are afraid of China, I recommend you go there and hold out your
hand.

I cannot think of a more excellent challenge to the IETF at this time than
to meet in China, and meet 1,000 new friends.  And to make 1,000 new friends
for the IETF and for the continuation of a cooperative, open development of
the Internet.

Gene Gaines

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Hui Deng <denghui02(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>