Re: Local Beijing people response - RE: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-10-02 11:56:14
    > From: Hui Deng <denghui02(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

    > Lastly, I think that everybody have to self-censor about what he does.

It's not clear that (self-)censorship is going to be the worst problem from
an IETF in the PRC. One of the things I would be most concerned about is the
PRC government using this meeting for propoganda purposes (either internal,
or external), as happened with the Olympics. Yes, we are very small fry
indeed compared to the IOC, but I'm not interested in lending the IETF's good
name to any government.

        Noel