Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements (Requirementsfor OAMin MPLS Transport Networks) to Proposed Standard

2009-10-06 06:46:02
Jon,

Please be aware that transport network operators typically participate
in the work of the ITU, not the IETF and therefore many are not aware
of this work.

I'm not sure how to interpret this note!

The (now-just-closed) MEAD team included active participants from Verizon, BT, at&t, NTT, and FT. They were involved in the development of the MPLS-TP requirements documents and were part of the detailed review of this document.

Of course, the MPLS-TP list contains participants from a larger number of carriers, and they all took part in the working group last call.

You say that "...deviation should only be considered after receiving significant input from transport network operators." That is surely wrong. If no-one comments against a proposed technical solution then that must mean it is accepted.

So, when this draft was liaised to the ITU-T for review during the WG last call, the ITU-T responded by saying that:

The ITU-T SG15 experts support approval of the current draft including the minor editorial fixes received during IETF WG last call as documented in
             draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements-03.txt

I think we can conclude that the operator input you talk about has been taken.

Anyway, I think we should probably focus on the technical content of your email.

Thanks,
Adrian