Re: Legality of IETF meetings in PRC. Was: Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-10-09 17:03:33
    > From: Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net>

    > For the PRC we've been told (in black and white as part of a legal
    > document - not as anecdotal information) that a) certain acts and
    > topics of discussion are forbidden by law or contract ...
    > With respect to ... any of our hosts in the past, show me the contract
    > language, laws, or other indication where things normally discussed or
    > designed at an IETF would be considered illegal.

Interesting point. I can recall a number of countries with _export_
restrictions on some things, and perhaps one with a _use_ restriction, but I
can't think of one where "discuss[ion] or design[ing]" anything would have
been prohibited. Did I too miss one?

        Noel