Re: I-D ACTION:draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-10.txt

2009-10-16 08:17:11
Dave,

An accounting assessment of community views, justifying claims of rough consensus, is the usual approach towards resolving this kind of disparity.

That sounds like a fine plan. We got most input during the third last call when I asked whether the notes should be optional or mandatory. My notes indicate maybe a dozen people on both sides of that particular question, and that's the basis of my claim that there are people on different sides of this argument. Since then we have had less people participating in the discussion.

How would you like us to progress on this then? Do you want me to do a recount :-) I could easily have been wrong. Or is this more about when we are polling people? But I fear that all except the die-hards have left the thread.

relatively minimal voiced support for the IESG insistence

Or are you suggesting that we should exclude some people who stated an opinion, such as the ADs? But if we exclude IESG members and RFC Editor board members and those who hold some position in the RFC Editor function, its going to be a lonely discussion... :-D

Jari