Re: I-D ACTION:draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-10.txt

2009-10-22 17:04:01
"Jari" == Jari Arkko <jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> writes:

    Jari> Dave,
    >> An accounting assessment of community views, justifying claims
    >> of rough consensus, is the usual approach towards resolving
    >> this kind of disparity.

    Jari> That sounds like a fine plan. We got most input during the
    Jari> third last call when I asked whether the notes should be
    Jari> optional or mandatory. My notes indicate maybe a dozen
    Jari> people on both sides of that particular question, and that's
    Jari> the basis of my claim that there are people on different
    Jari> sides of this argument. Since then we have had less people
    Jari> participating in the discussion.

    Jari> How would you like us to progress on this then? Do you want
    Jari> me to do a recount :-) I could easily have been wrong. Or is
    Jari> this more about when we are polling people? But I fear that
    Jari> all except the die-hards have left the thread.

I certainly have.  I listened until I thought I understood the other
positions, I wrote until I thought I had done a reasonable job of
stating my position, but more back and forth doesn't seem to be
productive.  So, my only participation at this point is to state from
time to time that I think the process is reasonable.