RE: Fwd: Broadband Forum liaison to IETF on IPv6 security

2009-11-09 14:38:50
On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Dunn, Jeffrey H. wrote:

The problem is IMHO the following: How to assign an IPv6 UGA to CPE hosts attached to a BMA LAN (usually Ethernet or Wi-Fi) that is in turn connected via a CPE router through an NBMA link (cable modem or DSL) to an ISP router that provides Internet access. Currently, there are two

And what happens when there are multiple CPE routers

a)  connected via a BMA LAN to the DSL or cable modem

and/or

b) 'connected' via separate NBMA links but are on the same WAN subnet (assigned by the ISP)

I think in the latter, if the ISP decides to silo the individual NBMA links then they need to adjust for that in how they do the sub-delegation which is I think what the issue is. But if the ISP actually bridges the separate NBMA links, then there's no silo issue and the CPE can pretend they're in 'a'.

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  tony(_at_)lava(_dot_)net