Re: Fix the Friday attendance bug: make the technical plenary the last IETF session, like it was before

2009-11-11 12:33:10
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Stanislav Shalunov wrote:
"But nobody will come to the technical plenary Friday afternoon!" --
1. We did come to the technical plenary when it was the last thing on Thursday, and it was in the evening. 2. If people won't come to the technical plenary, they won't come to WG meetings. If it's an unsuitable meeting time, we should not put WGs there.

I tend to sympathize with this argument. I suppose WG meetings are, from some POV, more important than a plenary. So what if out of 1100 participants we get only 600 at the plenary? Maybe if the attendance drops low enough we could drop the whole plenary.

Even better would be putting the administrative plenary there ;-)