Re: Fix the Friday attendance bug: make the technicalplenary the last IETF session, like it was before

2009-11-11 22:39:47

I wish to add a specific point to this.

I also raised a proposal for over-weekend meetings a few years back. I feel
that the attendees to US IETF, which have often predominated, but in the
general sense the attendees to IETF who fly for more than 12h to get there,
suffer a material disadvantage from the monday-friday timing.

We loose two weekends, every IETF.

the proposal to shift to mid-week start-end has the material advantage to these
people that they now loose only one weekend, as does everyone else.

Therefore, from a Benthamite 'maximal good to maximal people' sense, this is a
better model.

I recognize that very strongly held views, including faith-related issues, lie
here. I do not wish to disrespect these beliefs.

-George