Re: Audio/webx

2009-11-13 00:41:39
I think it builds over time as well. I get it quite a lot when listening to the radio at home where the link is a bit lossy.
After an hour or two I am quite often several minutes adrift.
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Jaeggli" <joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com>
To: "Mark Andrews" <marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 5:25 AM
Subject: Re: Audio/webx

I'm reasonably certain that the only place in the path where you can
accumulate 1 minute of delay is in a local client.

You can tune that deliberately induced delay in many clients.

Mark Andrews wrote:
The audio quality was generally great this IETF, much better
than the webx audio where you could hear the compression
effects.  The one real problem I had was that it was delayed
up to a minute (based on events reported in jabber then
later heard on the audio stream) which made commenting hard.

Webx on the other hand was good because the presentation
material is properly synced.

Mark