Re: Last Call: draft-xli-behave-ivi (The CERNET IVI Translation Design and Deployment for the IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and Transition) to Experimental RFC

2009-12-10 04:24:51
Brian,

I'm in favour of publishing this document.

Great - thanks for the feedback!

I'm wondering which of the two relevant guidelines for Experimental
status in http://www.ietf.org/iesg/informational-vs-experimental.html
applies in this case.

Looking at the writeup in the tracker:
"This document presents a working example of the v4/v6 Stateless translation in
an operational network, which provides useful information for the interested
community."
I seem to see a much closer match to guidelines 2 or 3, which lead to
Informational.

I reviewed my e-mail archive on this topic and looked again at the guidelines. I think it could be either Informational or Experimental or even Historic. I don't think the difference is material in the grand scheme of things, but I do agree with you that Informational is probably the most fitting classification.

I will take this issue up with the IESG when they approve the document (the IESG can approve a document in a different category during their review).

Jari