Re: Review of draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-04.txt

2009-12-16 00:16:40
Hi,

On 2009-12-15, at 17:50, JP Vasseur wrote:
First it wasn't clear from the document if "congestion" was
referring to the PCE itself or the corresponding LSPs.  For clarity
of discussion, I will assume LSP congestion.  Even if that is not
correct, my comments are general and there are equivalent problems
for PCE case.

This is, in fact, the wrong assumption. The congestion metric refers
to the congestion of the PCE itself.

We will add a clarification of this point to the top of section 4.4 as
follows:

Note that "congestion" as indicated by this object refers to the
processing state of the PCE and its ability to handle new PCEP
requests.

didn't we change the terminology form "congestion" to "overload" in earlier
documents, to address this potential for confusion?

Lars