Re: [rfc-i] Important: do not publish "draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08" as is!

2009-12-22 04:27:20
Julian Reschke wrote:
In the meantime, draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates is in AUTH48, and I have updated my document with the current changes; see <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-hab-01>, in particular <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-hab-01#appendix-A.1> (change list) and <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reschke-hab-01.txt> (diffs).

I just heard that the RFC 5741-to-be is not going to be fixed with respect to the stutter in the boilerplate, such as in:

-- snip --
3.1.6.2. Text of 'Status Of This Memo'

   This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
   published for the historical record.

   This document defines a Historic Document for the Internet community.
   This document is a product of the Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF).  It has been approved for publication by the Internet
   Engineering Steering Group (IESG).  Not all documents approved by the
   IESG are candidate for any level of Internet Standards; see Section 2
   of RFC 5741.

   Information about the current status of this document, any errata,
   and how to provide feedback on it may be obtained at
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9999.
-- snip --

(see <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-hab-01#section-3.1.6.2>).

This problem was reported over three weeks ago. Are we really incapable to fix something simple like that within three weeks?

Best regards, Julian