Re: [rfc-i] Important: do not publish "draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08" as is!

2009-12-22 14:23:57
FWIW, the document allows the RFC editor  some headway in maintaining the
language in the style guide.

Maybe we^H^Hthe IAB should have aimed at full delegation of the boilerplate,
exactly as for the Trust-maintained boilerplate.

For now, there are indeed weasel words such as:
  "However, this is not
   intended to specify a single, static format.  Details of formatting
   are decided by the RFC Editor."

  "These paragraphs will need to be
   defined and maintained as part of RFC stream definitions.  Initial
   text, for current streams, is provided below."

I think this gives the RSE, in conjunction with the tools maintainers,
reasonable flexibility.

I also note:

  "The changes introduced by this memo should be implemented as soon as
   practically possible after the document has been approved for
   publication."

which is presumably intended to allow the tools some time to catch up,
again requiring RSE/tools coordination.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter