Re: reserved names draft, was Defining the existence of non-existent domains

2010-01-05 09:55:51
These are reasonable things to add, but I'm waiting to see if there's agreement that it's worth moving forward.

On the table at 2.1.4 you need to add LATNIC that seems to be also
reserved by ICANN, not sure why they missed it on the DAG but it's on
every single Registry Agreement.

You're right, but since it's not in the guidebook, I have nothing to document it. Perhaps this shows why it would be a good idea to create these registries, so missing entries are more immediately evident.

For 2.2.4, I believe all the names listed in 2.1.4 are also reserved
for second level domains and you are still missing a place where to
record the names reserved by each Registry (if any) and listed on each
individual Registry Agreement
(http://www.icann.org/en/registries/agreements.htm), for example
ABOUT.INFO, not sure if IANA has to be responsible to keep the list
for them but it would be nice if they are all listed in a single
place.

What about tagged domain names like "bq--1k2n4h4b" or "xn--ndk061n"
and one or two character names ?

They're all in appendices to the various gTLD and sTLD agreements. I'm happy to add them but since it's a lot of work I'll wait and see where we're going.

R's,
John