Re: Announcement of the new Trust Legal Provisions (TLP 4.0) -- lessons learned?

2010-01-19 11:28:20
At Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:22:26 -0500, Marshall Eubanks  wrote:

Season's Greetings!

This message is to announce that the IETF Trustees have adopted on a
new version of the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP), to be effective 28
December, 2009. The Grace period for old-boilerplate will begin on
that date, and last through 1 February, 2010.
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See below!

The new document updating the Trust Legal Provisions is available
in PDF and HTML formats from

  http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html

and the PDF version is available directly at

  http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf .

Please note that this URL always points to the current TLP.

The Trustees would like to thank everyone who participated
in the vigorous discussion about these changes.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks
Chair / IETF Trust

Unfortunately, once again the back-office support for the change
seems to have suffered, and to still suffer substantially:

The IETF I-D submission tool (as per today) *rejects* uploaded
I-Ds that contain the TLP 4.0 conformant "Copyright Notice" text.

That's a rather unusual 'implementation' of a
"Grace period for old-boilerplate".   :-)

Therefore, once more:
  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE coordinate changes in IETF document
  requirements far enough in advance with the development and
  implementation of the tools in place to support document
  production and submisison.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.