Re: Last Call: draft-gould-rfc4310bis (Domain Name System (DNS) Security Extensions Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol

2010-01-30 07:36:05
Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Hi Bernie,

Bernie Hoeneisen wrote:

[...]

Please be informed that on the provreg mailing list

  http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2010-01/maillist.html

there is a heavy discussion going on about the shortcomings of the current proposal. At least two issues have been identified so far:

1) XML namespace (interoperability issues as with the current proposal
   the feature negotiation does not work anymore as defined by the EPP
   core spec)

2) need for active / inactive flag (e.g. to mark a DS to be used for
   emergency key rollover)

Before these (and other) issues have been resolved, IMHO it does not make sense to discuss the I-D on the IESG Telechat.

I've just checked my inbox and the editor already sent me a message about these issues.

The current proposal is still premature.

Ok, I will make sure the issues are resolved before the document goes to IESG.

I also forgot to mention that I actually expect a new revision anyway - there are some pending changes due to my AD review.