Re: xml2rfc 1.34 on Ubuntu

2010-02-04 13:19:49
On Feb 4, 2010, at 10:10 AM, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
It is probably true that manually installing xml2rfc is easy in itself - just download the new file and unzip it a the right place. On the other hand, I have
2544 different packages installed in my main computer.

!!!

Anyway, I don't need a new version until I need a new version,
and that's when I know I need a new version and I download it.
I don't download it if I don't need a new version.  What I'm
reading here is that people are installing and maintaining
stuff they don't need, which I suppose explains the 2544
packages.  I'd certainly never deny people the ability to
easily maintain unused and unnecessary software and we're
headed *way* off-topic, but I was just struck by how odd it
seemed that somebody who needed the new release of xml2rfc
would be frustrated by it not being in the absolutely,
completely, 100% farkakte ports system.

Melinda