Re: xml2rfc 1.34 on Ubuntu

2010-02-05 08:41:43
Michael Richardson wrote:
"Melinda" == Melinda Shore <shore(_at_)arsc(_dot_)edu> writes:
    Melinda> suppose explains the 2544 packages.  I'd certainly never
    Melinda> deny people the ability to easily maintain unused and
    Melinda> unnecessary software and we're headed *way* off-topic, but
    Melinda> I was just struck by how odd it seemed that somebody who
    Melinda> needed the new release of xml2rfc would be frustrated by it
    Melinda> not being in the absolutely, completely, 100% farkakte
    Melinda> ports system.

So, I go my colleagues' desk, and he wants to edit my draft or start a
new one.  He's never used xml2rfc before... he'll need the latest
boilerplate.  Downloading the zip is easy, but betcha there is some tcl
prereq that isn't installed... so the apt-get makes it all simple.

Sounds like you want to apt-get tcl, and get the latest xml2rfc distribution from xml.resource.org. OK, these are two steps rather than one, but that doesn't sound too bad to me.

BR, Julian