Re: [AFS3-std] Re: Last Call: draft-allbery-afs-srv-records (DNS SRV Resource Records for AFS) to Proposed Standard

2010-02-08 10:34:57
On 2/4/2010 2:05 PM, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
That's not the text we're talking about.

Sure.  Context was lost in the thread as the message-ids are not consistent.
The text I think is being discussed is not actually in the draft, it is
proposed
text that Russ put forward on 1 Feb 2010.

   DNS SRV RRs, like all DNS RRs, have a time-to-live (TTL), after which
   the SRV record information is no longer valid.  As specified in
   [RFC1034], DNS RRs SHOULD be discarded after their TTL, and the DNS
   query repeated.  This applies to DNS SRV RRs for AFS as to any other
   DNS RR.  Any information derived from the DNS SRV RRs, such as
   preference ranks, MUST be discarded when the DNS SRV RR is expired.

How about:

   DNS SRV RRs, like all DNS RRs, have a time-to-live (TTL), after which
   the SRV record information is no longer valid.  As implied by
   [RFC1034], DNS RRs SHOULD be expired after their TTL, and the DNS
   query repeated.  This applies to DNS SRV RRs for AFS as well as any other