Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-gost

2010-02-11 16:00:37
I agree with Steve's and Paul's analyses.

In addition, it's not clear to me how this SHOULD-level requirement squares with the IANA registration of this algorithm as OPTIONAL (in Section 8), since in RFC 2119 OPTIONAL == MAY. The document that defines that registry (draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes) does not allow algorithms to be RECOMMENDED, so it seems like the requirement for support has to be either a MUST or a MAY to be consistent with the registry.

--Richard