Re: ietf 1id_guidelines tool broken

2010-02-27 04:28:03
On 2010-02-27 04:46 William Allen Simpson said the following:
You are incorrect.  Get off your high horse.  You should have notified the
secretariat of the version change weeks ago.

Below is the response from Glen at the secretariat staff to my notification
of the version change, which *was* sent weeks ago, on February 4th.  The new
version *has* been installed for the automated submission tool (I verified
that yesterday before answering your first mail) but clearly there's an older
copy somewhere else in their system.

Your assumption of what I haven't done but should have done is incorrect.

Your initial 'bugreport' contained no specifics whatsoever.

You inappropriately sent the 'tool is broken' message to the whole IETF
general discussion list, in addition to addressing me directly (so it's
not as if you didn't know where to direct a bug report).

All of the above earns you no respect with me, and that colours my
directly, containing specifics that lets us *fix* the problem, rather
than blazoning an unspecific and unhelpful 'Things don't work' message
across the sky, and you might get a different tone back.

        Henrik