Re: [rt.ietf.org #24364] mail.ietf.org. is ietf.org., Remove MX Records For Less Spam

2010-02-27 02:26:01
On 26 Feb 2010, at 16:45, SM wrote:
At 20:11 25-02-10, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:
Discussion, please.  See below for my take; the IETF is one host, MX is
really meaningless, and there are benefits to avoiding a ton of spambot
zombie spam.

While we are on this topic, which of the following methods would you
recommend for a point of contact:

 1. mailto [1] [2] [7] [8] [10] [12] [13]

 2. email address without mailto [9]

 3. AT [3]

 4. at [4] [11]

 5. & [5]

 6. email address as an image [6]

The only one I object to strongly is 6, and that's because I can't see it and
nor can anybody using a textmode browser.  Other than that, it makes sense to
avoid spam by not doing 1 or 2, although I would sooner not hide from spammers
by breaking functionality, which 2-5 implies.

Cheers,
Sabahattin