Re: Bar Bof on Federated Authentication Thursday at 9 PM during IETF week

2010-03-09 18:58:18
On Mar 9, 2010, at 3:51 PM, Glen Zorn wrote:
Suddenly I'm nostalgic for the days when bar BOFs were impromptu affairs
that sprang up in, well, _bars_ & were of necessity free of PowerPoint
infestation...

It wasn't that long ago that a member of the IESG was
objecting to calling them BOFs at all.  It used to be
the case that it was just a bunch of people talking,
and this stuff about rooms and presentations and whatnot
leads me to wonder if the "bar BOF" has graduated to
something that's got some level of sponsorship or
support from somewhere other than just the people who
show up, and whether or not that matters.

Melinda