Re: Towards consensus on document format

2010-03-16 08:00:47
Doug Ewell writes:
So Microsoft Word inserted a registered-trademark symbol into an *internal properties field* of a PDF file whose *contents* were claimed to be pure ASCII, and now it is claimed that this demonstrates not only that the contents of a PDF file cannot be plain ASCII, but also that HTML is too unstable for a reduced-feature profile to be successful?

For an Engineering Task Force, this group sure does surprise me sometimes with its logical reasoning

No, Ohta-san surprises you. FYI this is an invariant: Ohta-san continues to surprise you, even after you grow used to him.

(At this point I would like to remark that I am sure Ohta-san has good and valuable insights, and that I wish they were easier to notice.)

Arnt