Re: Regd ospfASBdrRtrStatus

2010-03-19 12:33:44
Raj kiran,

The answer to this question will depend on the specific implementation
of the MIB module.
SNMP allows vendors to detail specifics of their implementations in
capability files. However, in my experience, few vendors have
published many capability files and even for those that have, the
coverage is limited.

It turns out that Cisco has published a capability file for the
OSPF-MIB detailing their support for this object. This capability file
may be found here:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-OSPF-CAPABILITY.my

This file only documents the state of the implementation of this MIB
module for Cisco IOS versions:

PRODUCT-RELEASE "Cisco IOS 12.0(26)S, IOS 12.2(31)SB2, IOS 12.2(18)SXF2,
                 IOS 12.2(18)SXE, IOS 12.3(4)T"

And the information for this object states:

VARIATION       ospfASBdrRtrStatus
ACCESS          read-only
DESCRIPTION     "Unable to create or modify"

I am reasonably certain that the implementation details for this
object for later IOS versions is unchanged. So, your question does not
apply to equipment running Cisco IOS as you cannot set this object on
such devices.

Chris.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Raj kiran <nrajkiran(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>