Re: Make HTML and PDF more prominent, was: Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-19 12:25:09
On 3/19/2010 3:29 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 19 mrt 2010, at 5:05, John Levine wrote:

xml2rfc does a pretty good job of capturing what needs to be in an
RFC, so that is the strawman I would start from.

The virtues (or lack thereof) of xml2rfc are a separate discussion.
The question isn't how we generate the normative output, but what the
normative output should be.

Agreed, the issue is two fold - the data type and the data format for
submission. The content itself is irrelevant to this conversation since
that is controlled by the publishing desk.