Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-24 19:10:50
On 25.03.2010 00:56, Stefan Santesson wrote:
Julian,

One minor question.

How do you use xml2rfc to edit a document when you don't have that document
in xml format?

You don't.

For example, if it was not originally created using xml2rfc.

Somebody might have converted it (you may want to google for it, or ask the RFC Editor). Otherwise, you need to convert.

Anticipating the next question: no, I'm not aware of a tool that does that well; in my experience, to get "good" XML (with proper markup of artwork, lists, references...), you really have to do it manually.

Best regards, Julian