Re: T-shirts?

2010-03-27 08:47:17
On 3/27/2010 4:41 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

On Mar 26, 2010, at 8:08 PM, Gregory Lebovitz wrote:

Ray,
I was asked about 5-6 times this week whether you would be selling the
famed IETF74 "rock concert" style shirt. Of course I enthusiastically
answered "Yes!"  But then they wanted to know when. Do you have time
table for the online availability?

Good question.

We have been working with an online vendor to allow t-shirts and other
paraphernalia (coffee mugs, ball caps, etc)
to be purchased.  The "rock concert" design has been a particular
challenge.

- The graphics use a unique brown that we are unable to duplicate.
Changing the brown of the background causes the letters to fade
considerably (since they're light colors)

- More importantly, the online vendor only allows two-sided printing
(front and back of shirt) on light colors only.  If we have a dark
colored shirt, then they only let printing on the front.

So getting this shirt to work with this particular online vendor  will
end up dramatically modifying the shirt design in order to remove the
unique brown and recolor the lettering so it will show on a light color
shirt (so we can get 2 sided printing).

So, we've been working it, but have not found a satisfactory result as yet.

Ray is there a copy of the Art available?

todd

Ray

Gregory

--