RE: T-shirts?

2010-03-29 04:53:25
On Sat Mar 27 16:21:24 2010, Christian Huitema wrote:
>- The graphics use a unique brown that we are unable to duplicate.
> Changing the brown of the background causes the letters to fade
> considerably (since they're light colors)
>
> - More importantly, the online vendor only allows two-sided printing
> (front and back of shirt) on light colors only.  If we have a dark
> colored shirt, then they only let printing on the front.

Can we make sure that the shirts are ASCII only?

That's not the whole of the issue - the issue is that the shirts were designed for printing on an ASR-33, and most modern t-shirts use an entirely different technology.

Although it'd be trivial to use the existing tools we have devised to modernize the design to fit modern best practise for shirt designs, the preferred solution is to make us wear ancient shirts instead. For many, including anyone wishing to be mobile or of a non-traditional IETF size, this will mean less flexibility in the shirt, however, this has been deemed unimportant, as it's well-known that - despite any evidence to the contrary - nobody moves whilst wearing an IETF shirt, and we are all precisely the same 80-inch girth. Frankly, anyone any different should sit still and eat the cookies - that's what they're there for, after all.

It should be noted that this argument has been done to death on a number of occasions, and of particular note is that although other SDOs have their shirts made to fit the maximum number of people, many of them even moving, that is of no consequence to us, as we need to be able to wear our shirts many years into the future, unlike those foolish fly-by-night folk.

HTH,

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net