Re: [77attendees] FW: Looking for jogging trail around the Hilton)

2010-04-20 16:27:45
I didn't get out of the hotel and off the treadmill in Anaheim, but I did get ietf-runners at ietf.org established.

Sign up today for the inside track on routes around Maastricht!

Mat

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [77attendees] FW: Looking for jogging trail around the Hilton
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:45:08 -0700
From: Vince Fuller <vaf(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
To: Lindqvist Kurt Erik <kurtis(_at_)kurtis(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se>
CC: 77attendees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org <77attendees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>

> A wider view of Google maps shows that there is a bike trail along the
> Santa Ana river that is about 2.5 miles from the Hilton - south on
Harbor
> then east on Chapman would seem to be the most direct way to get to
that
> trail. When I asked the Hilton concierge about it, however, she
recommended
> against going there, saying that there have been many muggings on
the trail
> and that it isn't safe for running.

I ran there Saturday morning and it was full of people running and
biking, that was around 8.30. That was actually on recommendation
from the Hilton gym...

I ran this route this morning:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/27834415

The trail wasn't particularly beautiful (the river is more of a flood
control
channel than a river) but it didn't seem unsafe and was more pleasant than
the roads around here. Not a lot of traffic on it on a weekday morning
but I
did see a few cyclists and a walker or two.

Less pleasant was running on Ball Road, which was wide, busy, and had no
sidewalk for a mile or so. I don't recommend running on that road.

--Vince