Re: Last Call: draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts (FileTransfer Protocol HOST Command) to Proposed Standard

2010-05-13 10:26:54
At 10:15 AM -0500 5/13/10, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
As a new IAB member, I'm becoming disturbed about the number of things that
I'm tripping over that "everyone knows", but we haven't written down yet. The
list of reasons we need to punt FTP seems to be one of those things that we
should be capturing as part of our institutional memory.

I would be willing to support a document like this in the IAB stream, if that
were appropriate, but even if it's not, I think such a document would be a
classic example of the reason we need, and have, an Independent Stream. It
should find a home.

Many people pay attention to the authors of RFCs. An RFC saying "Foo considered
bad" with the IAB as the authors carries much more weight than one from Some
Guy, as well it should.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium