RE: [netlmm] Last Call: draft-ietf-netlmm-mip-interactions (Interactions betweenPMIPv6 and MIPv6: scenarios and related issues) to Informational RFC

2010-05-18 12:18:09
Charlie,
Thank you for your review and comments. Please note that the WG has spent a lot
of time on this topic of same vs. separate BCEs. We have had two consensus
calls on it after discussion at a meeting.  As you have seen from the thread,
the chairs did see rough consensus to move on (specifically, please see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netlmm/current/msg05551.html).  Explicit
text on this topic was also provided to our AD along with the shepherding
write-up:

"There have been some disagreements on the approach used to solve the
collocated LMA and HA case in the document.  The present approach uses
logically separate binding cache entries for the LMA and HA, which is based on
consensus.  Some members of the WG strongly preferred the approach of having
the same binding cache entry for the LMA and HA - however, the approach needed
additional solutions to address race conditions that arose from it and it did
not gain consensus in the WG. It should be noted that this was not raised by
anyone in the WG during WGLC of the document and the document as a whole had
strong consensus to be published."

As you see, the disagreement has been noted and we've moved on. We don't plan
on re-opening this discussion at this time. Let's resolve any remaining issues
with the document.

Thanks,
Vidya