Re: Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-hip-bone-06

2010-06-16 10:07:32
Hi Ari,
At 00:43 15-06-10, Ari Keränen wrote:
On 06/11/2010 09:51 PM, Ben Campbell wrote:
-- 6.1:"[ TBD by IANA; 980 ]"
Does this mean IANA has already picked the number? Or is it a
recommended number? (Pattern repeats for other registrations)

It's a recommended number. Most of the IANA assigned numbers in HIP are not given sequentially, so it makes sense to propose a sensible value for IANA.

This recommended number was in a previous version of the draft since January 26. If you want to propose a sensible value for IANA, I suggest that you ask IANA about it before putting it in an I-D. Once a number is in the I-D, an implementor may start using it and it can turn into a problem if IANA assigns a different number.

Regards,
-sm