Re: The point is to change it: Was: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

2010-06-17 07:08:22
Hi,

On 6/1/10 7:19 PM, ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

As I've stated previously, I believe the main piece that's missing is a
SOHO-grade router that has full IPv6 support, 6to4 support, full
IPv4/NAT/firewall support, plus a readonably intuitive GUI to administer it
all. If such a product exists I continue to be unaware of it.

                                Ned

recently, RIPE Labs have published the results of a "consumer panel testing" of the CPE's (what you refer to as SOHO grade router) :

http://labs.ripe.net/content/ipv6-cpe-survey

Please see the comments, or contribute your results, to the FOrum:
http://labs.ripe.net/node/264/

Also, there is some information on the ARIN's wiki:
http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE

Regards,
Vesna Manojlovic
RIPE NCC trainer