Re: WG Review: Call Control UUI for SIP (cuss)

2010-06-30 21:32:15

On Jun 29, 2010, at 3:25 AM, Elwell, John wrote:

Cullen,

Whilst neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the charter, I did not find
anything in the charter that said the information had to be in the SIP header
rather than in the body. On what basis do you make that deduction?

John

When I read
 5. SIP elements may need to apply policy about passing and screening
  the information.

And the discussion about it's not just UA. I reached that perhaps flawed
conclusion that proxies needed to be able to change the information when
"screening" and thus it needed to be in a header. Note I would have far less of
an issue with an opaque container for proprietary information if it was in a
body instead of a header and had the types of constraints that SIP-T has.