Re: TSV-DIR review of draft-daboo-srv-caldav-05

2010-07-17 14:17:32
On 17 jul 2010, at 21.00, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

The whole basis of .well-know is that web clients want fixed paths for
finding out things about web servers. This spec simply extends that to allow
CalDAv and CardDAV clients to quickly find the paths to their relevant
services.

As I have said before as input to this last call, I think IESG should make a
decision whether using such redirects in HTTP is a proper architecture solution
to "finding out how a service can be reached".

I think personally it is not good design.

I therefore ask IESG to make a specific decision on this topic, and not just
say ok or not ok on the draft in question.

   Patrik