Re: TSV-DIR review of draft-daboo-srv-caldav-05

2010-07-19 09:14:41
On 19 jul 2010, at 16.07, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

Let me state that I do not think we should delay the
draft-daboo-srv-caldav IF a work like this is started. If we get some
work like this, I suggest letting draft-daboo-srv-caldav pass, given
people do not think the solution with an http redirect is too weird.

So Alexey did ask the authors of .well-known about this use and we have a
little side-thread going on that. I am certainly willingly to be persuaded
that draft-daboo-srv-caldav is stretching the use too far, in which case I
would suggest a "TXT path='/xyz'" solution.

So one question I have with URI is whether additional "metadata" is likely to
be needed? In which case TXT is likely to be used at provide that. If that is
the case, then I don't see why URI is needed, vs SRV/TXT (with a path= in the
TXT).

Use of TXT RR? Arghhhh... Not better.

Why, why, why?

I do not like the mechanism proposed in draft-daboo-srv-caldav.
Definitely not. But that is a different thing than requiring rough
consensus on a generic way of finding an endpoint of a connection for a
service.

Luckily, Maastricht is a week from now and we can talk about it.

I'm up for that.

Excellent. Interested parties should try to meet.

   Patrik