Re: Nomcom Enhancements: Improving the IETF leadership selection process

      <http://www.bbiw.net/recent.html#nomcom2010>
Um, we have this new system called Internet-Drafts,

Brian,

There is?  Good to know.  I'll try to use it for the next version.[*]

And now that we've traded the requisite sarcasm...

As Scott noted, I circulated it as soon as it was stable. For example, last night I got a review comment that greatly improved the clarity of the text for a recommendation.

This proposal covers a difficult topic, with a problematic history. Deciding when to offer it for public discussion was its own challenge.

Although the substantial list of contributors to the proposal embody deep IETF history, it is currently only an unofficial activity. It's not on any agendas, except some of our personal ones. The goal is hallway discussion.

If you are pressed for time, please scan the Summary version. That's what it's there for.

d/

[*] FYI, the I-D submission tool happens to currently enforce a hard limit at the number of authors, contrary to the RFC Editor's "suggested" limit. I'm told that the tool will get fixed eventually, but I thought it worth mentioning the added hassle of using the tool that you might not have known about. I discovered the limit in the usual fashion, for this document.

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking