Wallet theft in Brussels train station

2010-07-21 23:54:37
One moment of inattentiveness while putting my roller bag up in the over seating racks on the train from Brussels to Aachen (where I am for a pre-IETF meeting). And they were middle-age men.

AFTER the fact I learned from a rail person that the Paris and Brussels train stations have the worst reg for theft. I stopped all my cards, my new corp card is SUPPOSE to be waiting for me in the hotel come Sunday, and friends are helping me out here. They tried to take $600 from my MC, but I had not enabled that card for EU use, and MC blocked the transaction. Amex and Discover cards are not so usable here in EU, whew.

So sad bit of warning to all and sundry who are planning on taking trains to Maastricht.