Re: Finding a patent

2010-08-17 14:25:59
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Wenger" <stewe(_at_)stewe(_dot_)org>
To: "t.petch" <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>
Cc: "IETF Discussion" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:54 PM

Go here: http://portal.uspto.gov/external/portal/pair
Enter the two words of the graphics challenge
Of the radio buttons, click on "Application Number" (this is the default)
Copy-paste the application number in the format 99/999999 ...

And you will learn that the application is question is not yet published.

Indeed I do (but were I to put in 08/.... then I would get a pointing device
patent that is published but that is not the one I am interested in:-)

I was using the patent application full text search and I still cannot make that
work (using APN/ for an application that I know has been published) but
meanwhile, the public PAIR interface will do nicely.

Thanks for that.

Tom Petch

Stephan