Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsec-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt> (Cryptographic Authentication Algorithm Implementation Best Practices for Routing Protocols) to Informational RFC

2010-08-22 14:52:51
The distinction I think reflects the fact that that as good as we believe that
these recommendations are at this time that they are subject to change. It was
the opinion of the authors and the chairs that the opinion should be expressed
without setting to high a bar for challenging it. This is also reflected in the
removal of 2119 language in that this is advice on protocol requirements not
requirements as well.

I realize that may sound like I'm trying to thread the needle, but it reflects
the fact that the work done as a product of this document will not be done in
opsec, or even in the ops area.

Joel's iPad