IPFIX and netflow timestamps

2010-09-01 04:29:23
Hello,

I am currently developing a collector NetFlow / IPFIX. I have read (and printed RFCs 5655, 5101, 5102 ...) and I did not understand where and how is defined the " Corresponding encoding specifications for types: dateTimeSeconds / dateTimeMilliseconds (used with types flowStartSysUpTime, flowEndSysUpTime, systemInitTimeMilliseconds, flowStartMicroseconds, flowEndMicroseconds, flowStartDeltaMicroseconds, flowEndDeltaMicroseconds). I came across a post ( http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipfix/current/msg03947.html ), which explicitly describes a data format ... but in the RFC, I can not find the same information.

I am trying to decode the flow with an accuracy of one second. Is there a simple and standard way to do that ? (Or should I deal with the possible combinations with these fields ?)

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Thierry Descombes
LPSC - CNRS