Re: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-09-01 01:56:07
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Randall Gellens
<rg+ietf(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:
At 10:08 AM +0700 9/1/10, Glen Zorn wrote:

 > > Why Kauai?  You list detailed reasons why Hawaii is logical and

 > solves for many of the problems, but you don't say why this island.

 Because it's the nicest, obviously. :)

 I strongly disagree: the leeward coast of Maui (in particular, Kihei &
 south) is far better.  Kauai is way too rainy...

However, any of the Hawaiian
islands would be a great choice, given the ease of travel arrangements, the
warm weather which reduces the need for much of the luggage (no need for
warm clothes),

IEEE 802 wireless interim meetings in September have been at the
Waikoloa Resort for the last few years.  The meeting rooms are so
heavily air condituoned that the attendees now know to bring a sweater
to the meeting.

--
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only

Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Principal Engineer
Corporate Standardization (US)
SISA